"It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn your statutes." Psalm 119:71

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Update During Chemo

Sitting at the oncs getting chemo right now. Hemoglobin is lower and they want to give me a shot for it. I turned the shot down last time because of certain side effects. I told them no this time too. It doesn't make them happy when I go against the nurses wishes. BUT, last time I was here a nurse said she was going to give it to me and then my onc said no. So I'm not listening to these nurses (and my oncs out on vacation. He doesn't usually need to be here when I get chemo. It's just a standard procedure.).

I never thought I'd be grateful for having gone through that whole hospital mess after chemo 1, but now I'm glad I've learned to questions medical professionals.

The whole point of this blog is to ask you to please pray for my hemoglobin numbers. If I don't take the shot it means I have to accept the extreme fatigue (which just means I am more of a burden to all of you) and I'm in for another several days of hardly being able to move. And they've told me that if it drops just .7 more then I either get the shot or a blood transfusion. I want neither.

Thanks so much for taking this to God for me.

(and a P.S. for anyone in the medical profession- the drug is Aranesp)

1 comment:

  1. Done, friend. Wish I was there to give you a huge hug. Yes, I know we don't really KNOW each other... but I feel like we're friends. I am lifting you up to the great Jehovah Rophy - the Great Healer. I am encouraged by your strength and your transparency. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and emails keep me going. So keep 'em coming!