"It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn your statutes." Psalm 119:71

Monday, August 2, 2010

Missing Out On The Fun

For those of you who don't know, I have two blogs. This one and another one that I've had four years, ever since I got pregnant with Micah. It's a more personal blog that mainly focuses on my kids and their growth. But it's also where I post pictures and stories about anything fun that's been going on for our family.

It was recently pointed out to me, however, that since many of you know me only through this particular blog, my life might seem kind of dreary. You've been getting to read only about medical updates and what God's been teaching me through my cancer treatment. But really, there's so much more to my life right now. And in between every chemotherapy treatment I get about a week and half to live normally! And that includes some pretty great things.

Like the free weekend away we were given! Terry and I got to go to Coldspring, Texas (near Cleveland) and spend a weekend in a Sunday house.
The owners of these cute, colorful houses, have a purple house that they use exclusively for cancer patients.

Terry and I told the kids bye a few Fridays ago and drove an hour and a half to Coldspring. We arrived at the purple house to see this sign:
Inside the house is gorgeous and has so much extra space that we're looking forward to bringing our boys with us next time.




We visited the town shops and Lake Livingston, but mostly we enjoyed hiding out. We slept in late, watched movies and did a lot of reading. It was so nice and relaxing. The owners are wonderful and they provided us with homemade chicken salad, plenty of snacks, and two gift certificates to local restaurants. We enjoyed the weekend so very much!

2 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! What a great gift. And I like how you match the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you two got away together! What an awesome place!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and emails keep me going. So keep 'em coming!